Access, Eligibility, and Screening
OCHN's screening process helps to determine where your needs can be met, based on the severity and urgency of your situation. Click here to view Access video.
Non-Emergency, including Substance Use Services: 248-464-6363
Access is located at the OCHN Resource & Crisis Center
1200 N. Telegraph Rd., Bldg. 32 E, in Pontiac, MI 48326
Hours of Operation:
Monday & Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Mental Health Services
Oakland County residents who have Medicaid or are Medicaid eligible can be connected to public mental health services through OCHN's non-emergency or Common Ground's emergency/crisis Access points.
Substance Use Disorders
OCHN provides screening, authorization, and coordination of services for alcohol and drug treatment services for Oakland County residents with Medicaid or Healthy Michigan, no insurance, and under-insured. Education, awareness, and training about substance use disorders are also available during the screening.
- Confidential services for persons who have a dependence on alcohol and/or other drugs
- Referral information about outpatient substance use treatment programs close to home or place of employment
- Screening and coordination for individuals seeking assistance for intensive outpatient treatment, methadone, and residential substance use programs
As an OCHN network service provider, Common Ground connects people in an emergency/crisis to public mental health and community services. Click here to view Crisis Services video. Common Ground's responsibilities include:
- Managing the Resource & Crisis Helpline
- Addressing the needs of all individuals in crisis, including those who have Medicaid, Medicare, Healthy MI, private insurance or no insurance
- Determining network service eligibility
- Identifying follow up resources and supports
- Authorizing psychiatric hospitalization
2 p.m. to 10 p.m., 7 days per week, including holidays